The International Journal of Translational Medical Research and Public Health (IJTMRPH) is a peer-reviewed, scholarly, open-access journal that publishes original research, review articles, commentaries, and policy and practice papers on all aspects of applied medical research and public health globally, including in low and middle-income countries (LMICs).
The primary mission of the journal is to publish research with the highest potential for translation or application into public health practice and policy in developed as well as in developing countries. The journal will be a forum for the dissemination of research that will contribute to saving lives and improving the health of populations across the world, and especially in poor and resource-limited countries of the world.
IJTMRPH is unique in that it will challenge authors to clearly articulate and bravely present the application of their research findings in medical practice, public and population health policy and practice. IJTMRPH is a development-oriented journal and is therefore specially interested in manuscripts from authors from or those working on issues affecting developing countries and authors fostering collaboration with developed nations.
The journal is based in Washington, D.C., U.S.A and is published by the Center for Global Health and Health Policy at the Global Health and Education Projects, Inc, a non-profit organization recognized by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service.
Scope and Areas of Interest
IJTMRPH will consider manuscripts in the following fields:
- Public and Population Health
- Infectious Disease Epidemiology
- Chronic Disease Epidemiology
- Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Program Monitoring and Implementation
- Program Assessment and Evaluation
- Intervention Studies
- Clinical Trials and Social and Behavioral Interventions
- Nursing and Nursing Sciences
- Global or International Health
- Infectious Diseases, Disease Transmission
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- Natural Products Research
- Community-Based Participatory Research
- Medical Microbiology
- Health Assessment
- Field Studies and Reports
- Systematic Reviews
Areas of Interest
The journal is interested in, but not limited to, manuscripts that:
• Document progress in medical research and related areas of population and life sciences;
• Document the practices and teachings of medical and public health research;
• Demonstrate how healthcare and health care services are organized, delivered and financed;
• Chronicle the development and implementation of public and social policies that affects research and the delivery of health services at the national or international levels; and
• Elucidate public knowledge, attitudes and perception of medical practice and public health in the face of a addressing the needs of a diversifying global community.
100% AUTHOR CHOICE USING HYBRID OPEN-ACCESS MODEL
IJTMRPH uses the hybrid open-access publishing model. The hybrid open-access model allows authors a 100% choice to decide how their work is published. Authors will choose whether to publish their work using 100% open-access or closed access. Authors who choose to publish open-access will pay an Article Processing Charge (APC) upon acceptance and their entire article will be free for downloading, distribution, and circulation for non-commercial use. Authors who choose not to pay APC will have the abstract of their paper published free, but readers will pay a minimal reading fee to read and/or download the full pdf version of their papers after publication.