The International Journal of Translational Medical Research and Public Health (IJTMRPH) is a peer-reviewed, scholarly, hybrid, open-access journal that publishes original research, review articles, commentaries, and policy and practice papers on all aspects of applied and translational medical research and public health in low and middle-income countries LMICs) and in other populations around the world.
The primary mission of the journal is to publish research with the highest potential for translation or application into public health practice and policy in the developing countries as well as in developed countries of the world. The journal shall be a forum for the dissemination of research that contributes to saving lives and improving the health of populations in poor and resource-limited countries of the world and other underserved populations in developed or advanced countries.
IJTMRPH is unique in its approach; it will be the first-ever translatonal/applied research journal that shall intellectually challenge authors to clearly articulate and bravely present the short-term and long-term potential applications of their research findings in health delivery, public and population health policy and practice. IJTMRPH is a development-oriented journal and is therefore specially interested in manuscripts from researchers from or those working on issues affecting poor, developing countries and researchers fostering collaboration with developed nations. Manuscripts that are products of collaboration between researchers in developed countries (global North) and developing countries (global South) shall receive priority attention and expedited reviews.
IJTMRPH is based in Washington, D.C., U.S.A and is published by the Global Health and Education Projects, Inc, a non-profit development organization that publishes the International Journal of MCH and AIDS, the first-ever specialty journal integrating the fields of maternal and child health and HIV/AIDS research.
Scope and Areas of Interest
IJTMRPH shall consider manuscripts in the following fields:
- Public and Population Health
- Infectious Disease Epidemiology
- Chronic Disease Epidemiology
- Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Program Monitoring and Implementation
- Program Assessment and Evaluation
- Intervention Studies
- Clinical Trials and Social and Behavioral Interventions
- Nursing and Nursing Sciences
- Global or International Health
- Infectious Diseases, Disease Transmission
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- Natural Products Research
- Community-Based Participatory Research
- Medical Microbiology
- Health Assessment
- Field Studies and Reports
- Systematic Reviews
Potential Research Topics and Manuscript Foci
The journal is interested in, but not limited to, manuscripts that:
• Document progress in applied and translational public health research and related areas of population and health sciences;
• Document the practices and teachings of public health research;
• Demonstrate emerging issues in the organization, financing, and delivery of healthcare services;
• Chronicle development and implementation of public and social policies that affects research and the delivery of health services at the national or international levels; and
• Elucidate public knowledge, attitudes and perception of health care practice and public health in addressing the needs of a diverse global community.
IJTMRPH’s sister-journal, the International Journal of MCH and AIDS (IJMA), has been accepted for indexing in PubMed and PubMed Central, two NIH prestigious journal indexing and abstracting services and databases.